UNAP RI Hospital Health Care Education Trust
What is the UNAP/RI Hospital Health Care Education Trust?
The UNAP/RI Hospital Health Care Education Trust is a non-profit, labor-management partnership founded in 2004 by the RI Hospital UNAP and RI Hospital to sponsor and provide continuing education and job training programs for health care workers.
The mission of the UNAP/RI Hospital Health Care Education Trust is to develop high quality education and training initiatives that support healthcare employees to provide excellence in patient care through a labor management partnership.
We will accomplish this by:
- Offering on-going education programs that enhance job skills and competencies.
- Creating career ladders for skilled positions and entry-level employees to reach their full potential.
- Building a diverse workforce within a culturally competent environment.
- Supporting job satisfaction, career and economic growth.
- CEU Programs – The Trust offers frequent Continuing Education programs at RI Hospital for Registered Nurses and other health professionals who need CEUs in order to maintain their professional licenses. Click here to learn more about our programs.
- Stepping Up – Under the leadership of the UNAP, the Trust joined with Women & Infants Hospital in 2006 to form Stepping Up, an innovative career ladders program that provides training, education, career coaching, and support services for entry-level health care workers and low-income community residents who seek to acquire a job and a career in health care. Click here to learn more about Stepping Up.
- Crucial Conversations – In 2011, the Trust introduced a new program at RI Hospital to reduce miscommunication between colleagues and improve patient outcomes and employee morale. The program, which is based on the best-selling book Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, was piloted on Coop-2. Click here to learn more about Crucial Conversations
The UNAP/RI Hospital Health Care Education Trust will set the standard for innovative and effective education, training and workforce development initiatives for healthcare employees. We will attract and retain highly engaged, diverse employees by fostering an organizational culture that advances job satisfaction, continuous learning and professional development in all areas of healthcare.
For more information regarding the Education Trust please contact Aime Brissette by phone at 831-3647 or by .